A few quick tips to help you create a Facebook account for your business.
Download a sample powerpoint presentation here
- The person whose Facebook profile is used for the set up will be the super administrator of the page! Additional administrators can be added later on.
- Go to www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
- For business choose Brand, Products & Organisations
- Best practice is to use your Business name .Once page is created name cannot be changed!!
- For SEO purposes make sure you use your most important keywords within the page name as this is one crucial factor for your site to be picked up by search engines.
- When you get to the next screen go to ‘Edit Page’ and ‘Edit Information’ on the info tab and add information about your business same as on your website. A short description, products etc. This can be edited in the future.
- Add a business photo, best one that easily highlights what your business does.
- Also use important keywords within the text for SEO purposes.
- Don’t forget to hit the ‘Publish’ button to unleash your page.
- As the administrator your name will not appear anywhere on the page.
- Status updates etc. always appear with the business name and logo.
- To add more administrators click on ‘Edit Page’ and find the admins tab on the lower right hand side.
For further information on how to promote your Facebook page, get found on Facebook and engage customers and prospects in special features and content, contact Netstarter.